Our mission is to strengthen our local economic development by:
- Promoting and Referring our partners' products & services
- Connecting our partners through networking events & collaboration
- Educating our partners by offering programs that are relevant to them and the business community
The Ocean Pines Chamber of Commerce is the preferred advocate and recognized voice of businesses and residents of northern Worcester County, Maryland.
The Ocean Pines Chamber of Commerce is organized to achieve the following objectives:
- Economic Development: Promote economic development in Worcester County and the eastern and lower shore areas.
- Advocacy: Provide advocacy for our partners by representing them in city, county, state, and national legislative and political affairs;
- Education: Support and actively engage with the county's educational institutions, which are a cornerstone of the area's economy.
The Ocean Pines Chamber of Commerce (OPCC) purposes to create a culture and environment in which partners and residents can prosper. The OPCC main function is to promote interest in local businesses and be a catalyst to help each business reach its respective objective(s). Money, Planning, Inspiration, and Guidance, depend on the members working vigorously on the committees of their choice.
- Communication: Effective, congruent, and timely communication is one of our foundational values. Our goal is to respond, in kind, to all forms of communication with at least an interim response not later than the day following receipt of the communication
- Customer Service: The OPCC strives to understand customer needs and respond to those needs. Our primary purpose in achieving customer satisfaction is through connected relationships through which we convey our sincere desire to resolve all partner and customer needs.
- Integrity: The OPCC conducts business with honesty and integrity. We are accountable for our decision and actions at all times.
- Relevance: The OPCC offers programs and services relevant to our partners and the larger business community.
The planned community of Ocean Pines opened for business in July of 1968. Nestled on 3,500 acres of former farm and wooded land with over nine miles of waterfront property, Ocean Pines began as a quiet resort area. While the five mile distance from Ocean City has not changed, the face of Ocean Pines has aged gracefully over the decades. Following a rapid growth and development of both the residential and business communities, the Ocean Pines Chamber of Commerce was organized as a separate entity for the benefit of business and commercial interests in 1975. In the first twelve months of existence, the Chamber grew to 65 members. Today our Chamber boasts a membership of over 300 businesses and we continue to grow as we cater to the year round business and consumer communities.
From North Ocean City: Take Route 90 West to the Route: 589 Exit. At the end of the exit ramp turn left on to Route 589. Turn right after the 2nd light (Cathell Road) and turn right into parking lot for ERA Martin. We are behind them.
From South Ocean City and West Ocean City: Take Route 50 West to the Route 589 intersection. Turn right on to Route 589. Follow Route 589, after light at Nicholas Lane, turn left into parking lot for ERA Martin. We are behind them.
From Salisbury and points west: Take Route 90 East to the Rt: 589 Exit. At the end of the exit ramp turn right on to Route 589. Turn right after the 2nd light (Cathell Road) and turn right into parking lot for ERA Martin. We are behind them.
From Berlin: Take Route 50 East to the Route 589 intersection. Turn left on to Route 589. Follow Route 589, after light at Nicholas Lane, turn left into parking lot for ERA Martin. We are behind them.